Provides leadership and strategic direction and responsible for the overall management for the Cullen Performance Hall at the University of Houston.
1. Oversees booking, scheduling, negotiations and contracting for variety of event programming for the venue with university community and external entities that are consistent with the venue’s mission statement and the goals of the University.
2. Manages operating budget to achieve fiscal goals, and develops short and long term strategic plans.
3. Directs the Advisory Board of University students, faculty and administrators.
4. Cultivates, develops and nurtures relationships with University constituents to include student organizations, departments, divisions, faculty and staff and collaborates with key areas on communication, promotions, public relations and audience development efforts for events and the venue.
5. Coordinates timely and effective responses to requests received from internal and external organizations, agencies, departments and individuals.
6. Ensures programming appeal to internal constituents and the community; solicits ancillary events such as corporate and civic meeting, sales meeting/presentations, and receptions and serves as a liaison to other University departments and serves on university committees as assigned.
7. Manages the expectations and well-being of all user groups to include, but not limited to faculty, staff, and students, patrons, touring producers, artists and rental clients.
8. Fosters relationships and ensures satisfactory performance from all third party service providers (guest services, ticketing, conversion, and production).
9. Directs the recruitment, selection, training and supervision of personnel, including part-time work force. Provides ongoing training and coaching to support professional development, performance management.
10. Oversees the food service provider to maximize concessions and catering revenues.
11. Performs other duties as requested.
Bachelors and 5 year's experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Experience in technical production and theater management in a University setting preferred.