Compensation: 101 – 121K plus excellent benefits including generous employer contributions to medical, dental and vision premiums, and participation in the Oregon PERS retirement system.
Who we are…
Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) is a rural community college, sized perfectly to be dynamic, nimble and innovative. We serve a full-time equivalency (FTE) of approximately 850 students, with a total headcount of approximately 4,000 students. CGCC has a current operating budget of approximately nine (9) million dollars which is made up of state support, local taxes, and tuition and fees.
CGCC serves a diverse region in north-central Oregon and south-central Washington. Our main campus is within the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area in The Dalles. There is also a satellite location in Hood River, Oregon.
We are in need of…
A strategic, forward thinking individual to serve as Vice President of Finance. The successful candidate will be instrumental in directing College financial operations, including budgeting, accounting, purchasing, financial reporting, and fiscal audits. As a leader at the College, you will champion a continuous improvement mindset, build a culture of accountability, and advance strong decision-making and risk assessment capabilities for the leadership team.
What you will do…
• Promote the financial well-being of the College by overseeing budget management, monitoring appropriated investments of temporary cash balances, and safeguarding all financial assets and resources.
• Advise the President, senior management, and members of the Board of Education on issues related to the College’s financial status, to include short-term and long term financial objectives, and regulatory issues and actions affecting the College.
• Provide leadership in the development of the College annual budget building process and budget planning through the subsequent biennium. Ensure budget process is integrated with strategic planning.
• Oversee the College accounting and financial systems, and monitor and report on the financial status and performance of the College to the campus community and Board of Education.
• Provide strategic direction as it relates to all financial matters to ensure long term fiscal sustainability of the College.
• Establish positive working relationships to advance College interests with external organizations to include architects and construction, Oregon Community College Association, legislatures, auditors, legal counsel, grant sources, etc.
• Prepare annual audit with independent auditors.
• Oversees all capital and fiscal planning affecting the College.
What you bring….
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant finance/administrative leadership experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles and standards of fund accounting for public colleges and universities, as defined by AICPA and GASB. Experience working in higher education a plus.
What the area offers…
Columbia Gorge Community College is located in an area of exceptional scenic beauty, recreational opportunity, and climatic diversity. The Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area offers spectacular waterfalls and scenic vistas, while the majestic Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood volcanoes dominate the skyline to the north and south.
Manufacturing, technology, and IT companies are expanding rapidly in the area, which is home to companies such as Insitu/Boeing, Tofurky, Cardinal Glass, Sagetech, HoodTech, and Google. Much of the area is connected to agricultural pursuits, with large acreages of wheat fields, cherry, pear, and apple orchards, and dozens of vineyards. Outdoor recreation is one of the primary lifestyle benefits of the area, and it attracts a busy tourist industry. Portland is only an hour away, with its various urban attractions and access to international travel.
Open until filled
Please include a resume, letter of interest and unofficial transcripts with your application materials
About Columbia Gorge Community College
The main campus of CGCC is located in The Dalles, Oregon, a community of over 15,000 people at the east end of the Columbia Gorge National Scenic Area, 85 miles east of Portland. CGCC also has a satellite campus in Hood River, Oregon, a community of 9,000 people located 65 miles east of Portland. The Gorge, formed by the Columbia River, extends more than 70 miles, is the only break in the length of the Cascade Mountain Range and has a worldwide reputation for its myriad of recreational opportunities. The Dalles and Hood River offer outstanding windsurfing, scenic hiking and horseback riding trails, skiing, white water rafting, excellent fishing and boating, unique cultural experiences, and numerous historical museums that provide enjoyment to meet anyone’s taste.