Performs the full scope of auditing encompassing financial, compliance, operational, and effectiveness reviews according to our risk-based methodology at Kennesaw State University (KSU) and professional auditing standards. Performs special projects, consulting services, and investigations.
1. Leads and/or executes financial, operational, and compliance audits, internal control reviews, special projects, and investigations of varying complexities with minimal oversight.
2. Evaluates the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with policies and procedures by planning the audit or review, designing the audit program, obtaining a thorough understanding of processes, and performing fieldwork.
3. Prepares working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment, in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
4. Drafts and finalizes audit reports to communicate observations, issues, risks and recommendations ensuring all audit findings, exceptions, and/or proposed adjustments in the audit report are adequately explained in a clear and concise manner requiring minimal editing.
5. Performs follow-up audit procedures to appraise the adequacy of auditee's corrective action taken to improve audit deficiencies.
6. Completes assigned audits, special projects, and reports within appropriate timeframes.
7. Evaluates the adequacy of internal controls over processes and collaborates with auditee to form workable solutions.
8. Assists with the annual risk assessment process.
9. Interprets policies of Kennesaw State University, the University System of Georgia Board of Regents (BOR), state agencies, federal government and other agencies related to the performance of audit duties.
10. Maintains current knowledge of industry/regulatory/legislative issues relating to and impacting Internal Audit issues.
11. Communicates progress of the audits, reviews, projects, and investigations to the Chief Institutional Auditor and reports any deviation(s) from established audit protocol.
12. Assists in performing administrative and operational functions of the Internal Audit Department.
13. Contributes to Internal Audit Department initiatives, such as training, professional development and other projects, as requested.
14. Assists with the Internal Audit Department's Quality Assurance and Improvement Program and ongoing quality programs as prescribed by the Institute of Internal Auditors
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Accounting, Information Systems, or related business field
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of progressive auditing experience (internal and/or external)
Auditing experience in higher education and/or governmental area a plus
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to work under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment
Advanced experience and knowledge of the professional auditing standards (Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics) and the audit profession, theories, and systems of internal control
Ability to independently assess risks
Experience performing and/or supervising moderate to highly complex audits that may require ingenuity and innovation
Demonstrated skills in researching, collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating processes and internal controls and drawing logical conclusions
Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, as well as work as an effective team member
Strong analytical capability and problem-solving skills with attention to details
Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate sensitive and complex ideas to management, faculty, and staff, as well as external stakeholders
Acts as an advisor and/or provide consulting services to departments/divisions or colleges, as needed
Develops and maintains productive relationships with management, staff, and faculty through individual contacts and meetings
Continuously develops and improves auditing skills; demonstrates reliability; exhibits honesty and integrity; holds themselves accountable for words and actions; shows respect for others; follows through on commitments; and participates in professional training opportunities
Adheres to all university, BOR, and professional ethical standards
Ensures information and data involved in audits, investigations, and special projects are protected at all times
Supports and monitors the progress of less experienced team members on audit methodology, execution of assigned tasks, and review of their working papers
Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite) to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses
Experience with electronic workpapers and data analytics software
Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Institutional Auditor
Employment sponsorship and relocation assistance are not available.
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel.
This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Enhanced + Education
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415.
Internal Number: 224195
About Kennesaw State University
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university’s vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.