This position reports to the Director of Financial Accounting and manages the day-to-day operations and responsibility over accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The Assistant Director will have contact with all levels of staff which requires strong interpersonal communication skills, maintains and controls the general ledger accounts and business transactions of the campus, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and a thorough review of financial records. Assists the Director with the annual budget process and oversees the campus’s Purdue Research Foundation (PRF) and R&R (repair and renovation) accounts.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures principles. (GAAP)
- Skilled in the general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Experience with financial statement preparation.
- Ability to analyze complex financial information and make recommendations.
- Strong critical thinking as well as analytical skills.
- Possesses strong leadership, supervisory and management abilities.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.