1) Facilitate risk management governance meetings to gain organizational approval of remediation plans.
2) Track progress on remediation of identified risks and vulnerabilities and provide appropriate reporting.
3) Develop security policies, standards, procedures, checklists, and guidelines tailored to meet the requirements of the organization.
4) Analyze and understand threat intelligence information and how it might impact the organization.
1) Ability to respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring extreme flexibility and responsiveness.
2) Ability to weigh business needs against security concern
3) Ability to conceptualize a course of action and to organize for the successful completion of that action is critical, often under tight deadlines.
4) Ability to present information in a consistent and concise manner.
5) Ability to communicate in a personally effective and socially appropriate manner.
1) Bachelor of Science in a related field such as Computer Science, Information Science and Security.
2) Certification of one (1) or more:Â GCIH, GIAC, CISSP, CISA, CISM.
Â Â Â
1) Two (2) years of experience in Information Technology with a focus on cyber security.
2) Limited experience of one or more of the following technologies: LockPath, Qualys, QRadar, IBM BigFix and Casper.
3) Experience completing risk assessments and responding to cyber threats.
4) Limited experience in performing server and application administration.
5) Limited experience with data communication concepts and network/software configuration management.
6) Direct experience providing customer service.â‚â‚â‚
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06636
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.
BACK TO TOP
The mission of the University Risk Management and Insurance Association is to advance the discipline of risk management
in higher education.