Reporting to the Associate Director of Accounting and Reporting, the Senior Accounting Analyst supports the monthly and year end close process and reconciles asset, liability, revenue and expense accounts. The analyst is also responsible for preparing all schedules required for Partners’ external and internal audit and the OMB Uniform Guidance Audit.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) 20% Reconciles all balance sheet and revenue and expense accounts, including complex system reconciliation of Cash and Student AR accurately and within time sensitive deadlines. Prepares journal entries to clear account variances. Responsible for monthly upload of balance sheet reconciliations to Partners’ account reconciliation software.
2) 15% Prepares all schedules required for Partners’ external audit, internal audit and the OMB Uniform Guidance Audit.
3) 15% Prepares journal entries for revenue and expense activities, including tuition and fees, financial aid and vouchers, intercompany transactions and expense reclassifications.
4) 10% During the close process, updates monthly close package within time sensitive deadlines
5) 10%. Prepares external financial reports, including but not limited to:
MGH Institute Annual Report
Annual IPEDS Survey (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System)
Nurse Faculty Loan Program Annual Report (NFLP)
New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE) Annual Reporting
6) 10% As needed updates accounting policies and procedures. Ensures policies and procedures are complete and accurate on the Institute’s intranet.
7) 5% Accounts for Federal Nurse Faculty Loan Program and maintains the student loan accounts
8) 15% Additional ad hoc analyses of issues to support management inquiries for revenue, Assets and liabilities and expenses, all performed within time sensitive deadlines and with a high degree of attention to detail.
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute’s research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
A self-motivated and flexible team player with a Bachelors degree in Accounting
Four to six years of experience.
Directly-related experience with higher education or Fund Accounting a strong plus.
CPA or MBA a plus.
Administrative Skills- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; self motivated, resourceful, and able to take initiative; excellent interpersonal skills, including strong customer service orientation; ability to work effectively as member of team. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to research issues and process complex transactions and procedures. Professionalism and maturity when dealing with all constituencies both internally and externally. Able to identify, recommend and implement accordingly opportunities for change and improvement. Promotes service excellence.
Technical Skills- Strong computer skills, advanced use of Excel. Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financial System is desirable. Knowledge of database programs such as Adaptive Planning, and Datatel desirable.
Internal Number: 3083981
About MGH Institute of Health Professions
Please visit our website for detailed information.