Director of Student Business Services Financial Affairs
JOB #: 1707175
Full Time; Career Minimum Starting Salary: $115,000/annually
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Oversees through subordinate managers a large department or multiple smaller units, OR manages a highly specialized technical function / team. Has significant responsibility to achieve broadly stated goals through subordinate managers. Determines objectives, directs programs, develops strategies and policies, manages human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Determines strategies for a program with organization-wide impact.
Establishes strategic plans and objectives; interprets regulations, policies, and contractual requirements; and defines and implements related operational processes associated with sundry debtor billing, accounts receivable, financial aid and student loans, collections, payment card management, and cash handling. Responsible for strategically managing, administering, and directing resources to accomplish objectives. Delegates assignments to subordinate managers. Mentors and develops staff, manages UCSC's Academic Information System (AIS) billing and receivables functional processes, ensuring full compliance with all applicable policies, statutes and regulations. Decisions made or not made significantly affect the ability of the University to fulfill its strategic mission by affecting revenue, costs, and institutional reputation.
• Minimum 5 years experience, including at least three years supervisory experience.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
• Thorough knowledge and experience handling the following processes: billing, receivable, collections, student financial aid, lending and loan, payment card, cash and banking, including knowledge of all applicable regulations and industry best practices, standards, and trends, preferably in a higher education institution.
• Thorough knowledge of automated billing and receivables and cash management information technology systems.
• Demonstrated experience communicating in a well-organized, courteous, and effective manner (oral/written) across the organization and with customers, adapting communication methods to respond to different audiences.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 06/25/2017
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. A computer is available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center (SVC), 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.