The Executive Director provides strategic guidance and direction to the HR Shared Services Organization (SSO), taking primary responsibility for UCD Health & current Shared Services Center (SSC) Service Channels, and providing guidance and support for Campus Service Channels.
The incumbent will provide leadership, oversight and direction for Campus SSC and UCDH Channel-specific services which currently includes SSC Finance and Payroll, HR Operations and Leaves Administration.
The incumbent will provide leadership, oversight and direction to the Service Navigator role, Service Desk and Service Channel Support Center for UCD, and will provide guidance and direction for implementation and ongoing improvements.
This position is ultimately accountable for the development, implementation, evaluation and improvements of the client interaction framework.
Position champions diversity and inclusion and the UC Davis Principles of Community. Ensures the team is familiar with and sensitive to their responsibilities during recruitment, offer, performance management and ongoing day-to-day duties.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at
Requisition number #03021339
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Admin or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 7 years' of increasingly responsible and directly related experience in a multidisciplinary, leading organization, including at least five years of senior management responsibility.
• A proven track record of success in all aspects of human resources administration including strategy, organizational development, problem solving, change management, leadership development, succession planning, HRIS, Compensation management and human resource administration and training.
• Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating strategies to align services in a multidisciplinary organization so as to achieve the utmost efficiency and effectiveness.
• Experience managing and leading client-focused shared services.
• Advanced degree in Human Resources, Business Admin or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in higher education or health care environments.
• Prior experience in a unionized environment.
• Prior experience in a health-related business, preferably in an academic health setting.