Advertised Summary Job Description: Reporting to the Academic Director, the Director of Administration, Enterprise Risk Management is responsible for the planning and organization of all strategic and day to day administrative activities of the Program, including student and faculty engagement, curriculum management, program budget management, operations, marketing & events. This position is typically responsible for a program of great complexity and scale, and supports the following modalities within the program: online and face to face courses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates day-to-day leadership and guidance to faculty by proactively managing and providing clear, timely, and University compliant solutions on a wide range of administrative and financial matters.
- Proactively coordinates with Faculty Affairs unit to provide policy and process information to the Program as well as to resolve administrative issues related to faculty. Working with the Academic Director helps to execute the faculty review process.
- Liaises with Student Affairs and communicates opportunities for career and professional development, helps coordinate student resources, problem solves, and identifies solutions for student issues. Provides guidance to students and faculty on administrative processes.
- Leads efforts to coordinate services between internal and external units (University offices, Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, Faculty Affairs, Finance, HR, External Affairs) to ensure sufficient allocation of resources and support.
- Accountable for the development of the Program calendar and deadlines to ensure Program activities can be completed within timeframes. Works closely with the Academic Director and Deputy Academic Director to plan, manage and submit CPS for the Program. Schedules classes, events and works closely in conjunction with other internal teams to ensure that Program activities meet established standards, timelines and goals.
- Working in collaboration with Faculty Affairs, supports the onboarding and hiring of faculty for the Program.
- Leads efforts with University and SPS partners to drive greater efficiency through recommended process improvements.
- Supports the Academic Director, Deputy Academic Director, and Program Advisor to administer student's curriculum plan in order to help project student demand for courses for the coming semester. Assists the Academic Director in monitoring course/section registration and waitlists.
- Responsible for data collection and other research needed to complete academic review submissions and other committee related activities.
- Provides strategic insights into communication plan specific to all stages of Program lifecycle. In close consultation with marketing, assists Academic Director in validating overall Program marketing approach and key activities for the Program. Coordinates with the Program Advisor to disseminate program specific information to students about registration, workshops, jobs list, events, and student/alumni networking.
- Provides leadership for all scheduling and communications for the Program, including faculty, students, and industry contacts and other programmatic needs (e.g. submitting grades for reviews, obtaining books and materials, scheduling, room requests, events, etc.)
- May supervise junior staff including student workers and part-time administrative support.
General Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree is required and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required Strong customer service mentality Ability to be flexible in a changing environment Strong communication skills; ability to interface at all levels in the organization Ability to problem solve, establish priorities, and work under pressure without supervision required
Preferred Qualifications: Prior experience managing a large scale academic program Project management skills Strategic thinker
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It... seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.