As a Senior Risk Control Specialist - Public Entity Specialist you will work with our Vermont public entity clients in a fee for service arrangement where you will support clients in managing all aspects of their safety and risk management programs. You will perform assignments, tasks or activities that contribute to the fulfillment of the corporation and department's overall business objectives. You will primarily manage and deliver risk control services on a regional basis following a defined service plan. You will demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills and meet the technical competency requirements for the department. You may have the opportunity to participate in corporate sponsored projects ranging from facilitating web based learning events, to participating on a technical team, and exemplifying all the core values. You will work out of one of the PMA Companies offices and have the flexibility to work remotely.
Location: You will work out of our Waltham, MA office and have the flexibility to work remotely. Travel by car is expected and some overnights. Territory is Vermont.
• Complete analysis of client loss trends
• Facilitate the development of client safety and loss reduction goals
• Develop plans and strategies designed to support clients in achieving their safety and loss reduction goals
• Develop or maintain client safety policies and procedures
• Develop and deliver employee and management safety and health training
• Audit compliance with safety and health regulatory programs such as DOT and VOSHA
• Facilitate or lead department safety committee meetings
• Develop and coordinate facility fire and disaster plans and drills
• Track time involved in the delivery of client service to ensure proper billing of services provided
• Document the results of client service efforts through the production and distribution of reports and service confirmation letters
• Experience working with public entities such as counties, cities, or municipal governments with police and fire service required
• Experience with DOT, state parks, and marine safety preferred
• Extensive knowledge of OSHA regulatory compliance standards and training certifications
• Five plus years prior safety experience and casualty risk management consultation experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree preferably safety or risk management related or equivalent work experience
• Working knowledge of safety and regulatory codes
• Knowledge of public entity workers compensation exposures and controls
• Excellent communications skills with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite required
PMA Companies provides risk management solutions and services in the U.S., specializing in workers’ compensation, and offering property and casualty insurance. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, PMA has over a century of successful business experience. PMA Companies is part of the Old Republic General Insurance Group, the largest business segment within Old Republic International (ORI)—one of the na...tion's 50 largest publicly held insurance organizations with a substantial interest in major segments of the industry. ORI is primarily a commercial lines underwriter, serving many of America's leading industrial and financial services companies as valued customers. Since 1923, ORI has grown as a specialty insurance business, though its oldest subsidiary has insured lives since 1887. The organization's record as a long-term growth company is one of the best in the industry. Its performance reflects an entrepreneurial spirit, sound forward planning, and a corporate structure that promotes and encourages assumption of prudent business risks.
Back to top
The mission of the University Risk Management and Insurance Association is to advance the discipline of risk management
in higher education.