The Director of Auxiliary Programs & Services is responsible for overall administration and quality assurance for the campus dining, bookstores and related campus retail/merchandising operations, vending services, and mail services. Responsible for working closely with the providers directly on items including but not limited to, program development, quality assurance, policies and procedures, and is the primary point of contact for campus community members. The Director, Auxiliary Programs & Services works across the portfolio to monitor all contract terms and deliverables, ensuring that both the provider and Drexel University are compliant with all aspects of the contract. All team members, including Directors are actively engaged in the daily operations required to result in success.
1. Work across the portfolio to monitor all contract terms and deliverables; ensure that both the vendor and Drexel University are compliant with all aspects of each contract. Establish and maintain efficient procedures to track compliance activities in order to meet individual contract requirements and adherence to all deliverables. Maintain strong awareness of all contract terms and conditions and ensure adherence to university contract compliance policies requirements.
2. Successfully implement the campus dining program. Responsible for working closely with the food service provider directly on items including but not limited to, program development, dining plan design, culinary programs, quality assurance, policies and procedures, and is the primary point of contact for exception requests and other issues related to campus dining and catering.
3. Ensure beverage and snack vending machines are placed to maximize revenue generation, are functional and are at optimal inventory levels. Manage the beverage exclusivity agreement. Manage the Commissions for Activities and Programs (CAP) fund. Complete reconciliations and financial analysis on vending productivity. Work with contracted and campus partners to fulfill orders, special events, promotional events and equipment use.
4. Oversee the bookstore contract and track overall compliance. Ensure commissions are received according to contract terms. Perform financial analysis on all aspects of the bookstore operations. In collaboration with the business provider, develop and enhance the bookstore operations.
5. Establish efficient procedures to track all lease obligations for the Dragon Shops. Track and monitor rent payments to ensure timely payment and accounting in the University financial systems.
6. Collaborate closely with Campus Services subject matter experts to successfully implement contracts, including but not limited to: Brand Engagement & Marketing: marketing, web site and social media efforts; Campus Services Operations: facilities, safety and equipment; DragonCard: dining plan sales infrastructure and systems; OneCenter supports proper processing and accounting, audits the billing of dining plans and ensures proper accounting in the university administrative systems.
7. Create a record keeping system of contract and amendment elements and requirements to ensure all relevant contract administrative obligations are met in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure effective and regular communication on customer and vendor related issues and contract concerns. Provide regular status reports highlighting any potential issues or areas of concern to Campus Services executive leadership.
8. Collect, analyze and distribute data related to the portfolio from benchmark institutions, industry standards and best practices. Measure and audit the performance, availability, and the performance, availability, and cost of programs and services as compared to both internal and external metrics.
9. As appointed by supervisor and/or the Vice President of Campus Services, represent the department and division on committees and initiatives.
The Drexel Campus Services portfolio includes Procurement Services, University Housing, Campus Dining, Retail Management, the University Bookstores, DragonCard Services, Dragon Dollars, Event & Conference Services, Parking Services, Mailing Services, Vending and the Drexel Student Centers. There is a team of 63 professional staff members and 250 student employees. Campus Services comprises 2,500,0...00 square feet and an annual budget of more than $85,000,000. It is the mission of Campus Services to create dynamic campus and community destinations and deliver a variety of programs and services that are essential to recruiting and retaining today's student and employee. Successes is built upon a strong team, continuous improvement, collaborative internal and external partnerships and business acumen.